The ones that apply to me...
1) "If you read more books in a month than kids with assigned reading lists read in a year."
2) "If you ever used the phrase, 'Hey Mom! Can I take a break from school?'"
3) "If everything you know about literature you learned from Wishbone."
4) "If you're still working on school in the summer."
5) "If you ever had to wait for Dad to get home from work so that he could help you with science."
6) "If you ever did two days of school work in one so that your family could leave early for vacation."
7) "If you're used to your friends asking you why you don't go to 'real school'."
8) "If you own more than five animals."
9) "If having fun isn't hard when you have a library card."
10) "If your family votes Republican but still watches PBS religiously."
11) "If Harry Potter is a tricky subject for your family."
12) "If you've read the entire Bible, twice."
13) "If your mom taught you language and your dad taught you math."
14) "If you judge the length of car rides by how many Adventures in Odyssey episodes it will take to get there."
15) "If gluten free is the way to be!"
16) "If you can quote the Princess Bride."
17) "If you know what a jean jumper is." *shutter*
18) "If you cried when Mary Ingalls went blind."
19) "If you ever got a day off of school because your mom wasn't feeling well."
20) "If watching NOVA counted as science."
21) "If you're not allowed to date, but if that boy intends to marry you, you can court him all day."
22) "If you wish Connie and Eugene had gotten married."
23) "If your class room is your bedroom."
24) "If 75% of your favorite movies are musicals."
25) "If you've ever played hide-and-seek in a barn."
26) "If you know what a 4-H club is."
27) "If the only way you'd get on a school bus is if it were the Magic School Bus."
28) "If your alarm clock is the school bus going by your house."
29) "If you worked very hard to ensure that your friends never knew how many shows you weren't allowed to watch."
30) "If you ever got in a debate over A Beka verses Saxon."
31) "If Mavis Beacon taught you how to type."
32) "If your favorite channel growing up was TVLand."
And for extra homeschooling goodness, watch these videos :-)
I was obviously homeschooled and loved it! My kids will probably be able to say most of the above statements one day (minus the ones about Harry Potter and jean jumpers!).
Now, tell me how many of these "homeschooling truths" apply to you!
My entry into Blissful and Domestic's Feature Friday Link Party sponsored byAppliances Online.